Make a difference by donating books your family and friends no longer need! Help your books find a new home through our BookSpringRx, BookSpringEd, and BookSpringGo programs. BookSpring works throughout the greater Austin area to collect tens of thousands of books to give to children of low-income families.
We accept donations of new and gently used books year round! Drop by our offices between 9 am – 5 pm M-F. Staff is happy to assist you with carrying boxes. Smaller donations can be left in our Book Drop anytime. Please call ahead to let us know you are coming: (512) 472-1791 x 102 or x 101.
Map to BookSpring
Hold a Book Drive
It’s easy to set up a book drive at your workplace, school, or just around your neighborhood. BookSpring has all the materials you will need to get started.
Collecting books is a fun and easy way to support BookSpring and engage your family, friends, community or office in making our community a better place to live, love, and learn.
Consider asking for books and/or monetary donations to support BookSpring’s distribution efforts at your next:
- Corporate Event
- Children’s Birthday Party
- Holiday Party
- Family Reunion
- Anniversary Party
- Baby Shower
- Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah
Tips for Coordinating Your Book Drive
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you would like to conduct a book drive.
- Coordinate with businesses and organizations such as your neighborhood school, grocery, church, and offices to find good places to collect books.
- Choose the dates you would like to hold your book drive. Generally, two weeks is a perfect amount of time.
- Give yourself at least two weeks to advertise! Let your community know about the book drive through social media, newsletters, posters, emails, etc.
- Hang posters and place collection bins in easy-to-see places that will be seen by as many people as possible.
- Collect the books in any way that you wish, but please deliver them to us in cardboard boxes – preferably small to medium-sized – so they can easily be lifted by volunteers and staff. Please do not bring books in plastic or paper bags.
- When your book drive is finished, please deliver the books to our office located at 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, Texas 78723. (East of I-35, near Dell Children’s Hospital
Download a Poster for your Book Drive
It’s easy. Download a poster and start promoting your book drive today! Please contact the BookSpring office if you need any additional information.
- Book Drive Flyer
- Book Drive Flyer (blue background)
Please note: BookSpring is unable to accept donations of textbooks, reference books, or used activity books.
BookSpring makes sure your books find a good home!
Find our how donate books are used through ReBook
Help us thank and celebrate our Book Donors