Here at BookSpring, we’re big on books but we’re small on staff.
Everyone is invited to participate in the delivery of literacy services throughout Central Texas. The only way we can serve tens of thousands of children each year is with the enthusiastic support of community volunteers like you!
Corporate, Small Group, and Individual Volunteering
Here are some things to consider if you are wondering if BookSpring is the right fit for you or your group’s volunteer efforts:
- BookSpring serves the community in a variety of locations, so there’s bound to be one near you!
- You can select your level of involvement:
- regular, set volunteer schedules are available
- one-time activity sign-ups are also available
- Direct service with children and behind-the-scenes opportunities are available to suit everyone’s comfort level.
Sign Up Today!
For Current Volunteers Only: If you’ve been trained and passed your background check, you can now sign up for assignments online through Volunteer Spot.
For New Volunteers Only: Read below about Individual and Group Volunteer Options.
Individual Volunteer Options
For New Volunteers:
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note that the majority of BookSpring volunteer opportunities occur during the school day. If you would prefer to come by our office to learn more, we provide “drop-in hours” for interested volunteers on Thursday mornings from 9:30am-11:30am. Come by our location at 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, TX 78723 and meet our Volunteer Manager and learn more about how you can get involved with BookSpring.
- Volunteer in a school library for Schools and Early Childhood programs
- Volunteer to support a librarian (shelving, organizing, decorating the library)
- “Adopt” a classroom and share a story with a child (can be done weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)
- Assist with special events or serve as a “celebrity reader” during Read Across America week or during a Reading Rally
- Help support summer library programs
- Use your professional skills to support BookSpring (graphics design, marketing, woodworking, accounting, crafting, etc.)
- Join our board or serve on a board standing or sub committee*
*These opportunities will require a regular commitment.
Group Volunteer Options
All group opportunities must be scheduled directly with the volunteer manager and require a minimum of two weeks of notice. Send an email to email@example.com.
- Help out at the BookSpring office with sorting and labeling gently-used book donations (up to 12 people)
- Conduct a book drive for the ReBook program
- Volunteer as guest readers for a school or grade level (up to 50 people)
- Help with decorating a library for a Reading is Fundamental program (3-10 people)
- Help with a special project (inventory, mural, building project, labeling, etc) (flexible)
- Day of Service: provide a group to one or multiple campuses for one or more of the above projects (can accommodate large groups with advanced notice of 2+ months)