Here at BookSpring, we’re big on books but we’re small on staff.
Everyone is invited to participate in the delivery of literacy services throughout Central Texas. The only way we can serve tens of thousands of children each year is with the enthusiastic support of community volunteers like you!
For current needs and opportunities, check out the Go Community Wishlist. Come back often to stay up-to-date!
Corporate, Small Group, and Individual Volunteering
Here are some things to consider if you are wondering if BookSpring is the right fit for you or your group’s volunteer efforts:
- BookSpring serves the community in a variety of locations, so there’s bound to be one near you!
- You can select your level of involvement: regular, set volunteer schedules are available or one-time activity sign-ups are also available
- Direct service with children and behind-the-scenes opportunities are available to suit everyone’s comfort level.
Sign Up Today!
For Current Volunteers Only: If you’ve been trained and passed your background check, you can now sign up for assignments online! Click on the Signup.com button.
For New Volunteers Only: Read below about Individual and Group Volunteer Options.
Individual Volunteer Options
For New Volunteers:
Complete the Volunteer Interest & Skills Survey
and please contact BookSpringGo Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, note the majority of BookSpring volunteer opportunities occur during the school day. We invite you to come by our location to learn more about how you can get involved with BookSpring! We provide “drop-in hours” for interested volunteers, on Tuesday afternoons from 1pm-5pm or Thursday mornings from 10am-1pm, to sort gently used books and to learn more about our programs.
- Book Sorter & Bundler- Help process gently used books for our ReBook partners
- Delivery Driver- Help get new and gently used books to our various partners in Central Texas
- BookSpring Day Volunteer- Support literacy activities and projects that promote the importance of reading
- Community Reader- Volunteer with our Books for Me and Early Books for Me programs
- Library Assistant- Volunteer to support a librarian (shelving, organizing, decorating the library)
- BookSpring Advocate- Help extend our reach by advocating for our work online via our blog or social media
- Join our board or serve on a board standing or sub committee*
*These opportunities will require a regular commitment.
Group Volunteer Options
All group opportunities must be scheduled directly with the volunteer manager and require a minimum of two weeks of notice. Send an email to email@example.com.
- Help out at the BookSpring office with sorting and labeling gently-used book donations (up to 12 people)
- Conduct a book drive for the ReBook program
- Volunteer as guest readers for a school or grade level (up to 50 people)
- Help with decorating a library for a Books for Me program (3-10 people)
- Help with a special project (inventory, mural, building project, labeling, etc) (flexible)
- Day of Service: provide a group to one or multiple campuses for one or more of the above projects (can accommodate large groups with advanced notice of 2+ months)