Your Dedication Advances Our Mission
Volunteers are essential to all aspects of BookSpring programs. From reading aloud to children and families, sorting book donations, and distributing books in our community, we have a volunteer opportunity fit for you!
Join us for a fun and impactful volunteer experience! Individuals, families (children ages 12 and up at our warehouse), social and civic groups, and corporate groups are welcome.
Paso 1: Rellenar una nueva solicitud de voluntariado
Si eres nuevo en BookSpring, por favor lee esto testimonios de voluntarios If you want to stay in touch, please complete an application. We will capture your contact information, add you to our email list, and keep you updated on ongoing and unique volunteer opportunities.
Please note that some positions require criminal background checks, and we cannot accommodate court-mandated community service placements.
Step 2: Sign Up for Volunteer Opportunities
We use SignUp to schedule most of our open assignments. You can go directly to this calendar to pick your preferred dates and times if registered as a volunteer.
Connecting Generations, Strengthening Communities project: Volunteers (age 55+) are encouraged to share their love of reading & storytelling while helping us to engage more families in our community. You must commit to 20 hours of volunteer service from now through November!
- Curbside & Delivery Services: Si tiene un vehículo y se siente cómodo recogiendo y entregando cajas de libros, solicite y regístrese para saber qué oportunidades pueden surgir para ayudar a llevar los libros a las manos de los socios del programa.
- Group Book Sorting and Labeling: Groups of up to 12 can come into the BookSpring Warehouse to sort and label books. If you are a group leader, please sign up above, and then you can claim your preferred date for your entire group in the SignUp calendar. Contact us if you have any questions or need specific accommodations at (512) 472-1791 x 105.
- Reseñas de libros en vídeo o por escrito: People of all ages can create written o video book reviews for our website and social media! Book reviews can be of any book or topic you choose. Be creative and share your opinions on the books and stories that inspire you! Help share your love of reading with children and families.
- Lecturas grabadas o en directo en vídeo: Kids and young adults can help promote storytelling through read-aloud videos! You can read aloud any of the online books found in Temas semanales de Bibi.
- Author Ambassadors: Currently held by acclaimed author David Riceel Autor Embajador is integral to our programs and public awareness efforts. They are our trusted representatives at school, company, and community-based events, including public speaking, reading aloud, informational sessions, and motivational speaking. We accept letters of interest from published children’s book authors at any time.
Paso 3: Informar de sus horas
After completing your assignment, please take our encuesta de satisfacción de los voluntarios aquí. Also, if you need to report on your service for your company or civic group or want us to keep track, log your hours for our records.
Your service hours help us with funders’ reports highlighting your contribution to our mission!
Volunteer opportunities can change weekly! So, apply, sign up, record your hours, and help us build our community’s inclusive and diverse reading culture. Contact Jessica Morris, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org (512) 472-1791 x 105 with any volunteer questions.