Summary of Position
An Author Ambassador is envisioned as an integral part of our programs and public awareness efforts. They serve as our trusted representatives at school, company, and community-based events, including public speaking, reading aloud, informational sessions, and other community-based events, and we promote and celebrate their writings and their success. We are particularly interested in authors who write for and/or illustrate books for children and young adults who reside or are affiliated with the region of Central Texas.
- Organizing events on behalf of BookSpring with little or no staff supervision.
- Attending periodic meetings with BookSpring Staff to coordinate activities.
- Leading events at schools, community centers, or companies.
- Conducting motivational reading activities promoting BookSpring.
- Delivering and picking up books, supplies, and materials as needed.
- Ensuring that post-event reports are submitted as required.
- Ensuring that any BookSpring resources are used according to policy.
- Recognized as a leading writer or illustrator of child or family-friendly books.
- Nomination by the Staff and approved by Board of Directors of BookSpring.
- Annual background checks before placements in schools by BookSpring.
- Reliable transportation to and from events (transportation not provided).
- Special Ambassador recognition on website and social media.
- Access to BookSpring’s partners via collaborative campaigns.
- Inclusion in BookSpring’s email newsletters and texting services.
- Complimentary tickets to events.
Although an Ambassador may solicit and earn revenue based on their own negotiations directly with BookSpring partners, this is a voluntary position. It is requested that 10% of revenue generated through cross-promotional activities be donated back to BookSpring in consideration of ongoing and custom cross-promotion. Ambassadors will be appointed on an annual basis and may be renewed upon mutual agreement.