Invest in Childhood Literacy
Join the Flying Book Society to help BookSpring build early literacy in Central Texas.
BookSpring’s Central Texas Reading Survey shows a startling 46% of Central Texas homes with children 12 and under have fewer than 20 books at home. Children growing up in homes with at least 20 books get 3 more years of schooling than children from bookless homes.
Joining the Flying Book Society allows you to give monthly while providing a long-lasting home library for families with children facing economic hardship.
Your Monthly Gift Provides a Steady Flow of Books
One of the best ways to invest in childhood literacy in Central Texas is to join the Flying Book Society Monthly Giving Program. As a Flying Book Society member, you can give as little as $10 a month (less than 2 cups of coffee!), $100 a month (less than an electric bill!), or even come up with a gift amount that is tailored to your budget!
$100/month = 480 books to 160 children
$50/month = 240 books to 80 children
$20/month = 96 books to 32 children
Monthly Giving Matters
Imagine the lasting positive impact your monthly gift can have on families facing economic hardship right here in our community:
- It helps us plan for the future. Monthly giving helps BookSpring expand capacity and reach more of the 80,000 kids living in poverty in Central Texas.
- It leverages our buying power to get more high-quality books into the hands of kids. We provide up to ten books for the purchase cost of one retail book.
- It increases our overall capacity to serve more and more children each year.
Once You Join the Flying Book Society, You’ll Receive:
- At $10, you will receive a special Flying Book Society newsletter featuring stories, photos, and updates on the impact of your donation Special invitations, and notices of upcoming BookSpring events.
- At $20, you will receive the Flying Book Society newsletter and the option to receive a member-only bumper sticker.
- At $30, you will receive the Flying Book Society newsletter, and the options to receive a bumper sticker along with the choice of a BookSpring Flying Book Society T-shirt – Adult S, M, L, & XL.
- The peace of mind knowing that great children’s books can continue flowing into Central Texas children’s hands from birth throughout childhood years.
- Subscription to The Flying Book Society e-news!
Become a Flying Book Society member today!
You may join online, by phone (512) 472- 1791 x 104, or by check to BookSpring, 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, Texas 78723.
There is no obligation to continue with monthly giving, and you may cancel or change the amount of your subscription at any time. Call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your request and when is the best time to reach out to you.