Envision with us:
a world of families
reading and succeeding together
BookSpring builds early literacy
in children and families
through healthcare, education,
and the community.
BookSpring is the leading Central Texas organization focusing on building literacy skills and the motivation to read through increasing home libraries and reading aloud activities for children. With over 45 years of experience, BookSpring has taken the best practices of our founding programs and adapted them to the special needs of Central Texas low-income families. We provide a continuum of early literacy interventions through a theory of change that supports brain development, family interaction, skill-building, and the motivation to read in children from birth through age 12.
Our programs both increase awareness of the importance of reading while providing the tools to do so. To maximize impact, we partner with medical clinics, schools, and other non-profits to work through their programs with book distributions, supplemental activities, and events designed to educate, inspire and build intrinsic motivation to read.
Our Shared Values
As a nonsectarian, nonpartisan, inclusive organization, we value:
- Excellence: We depend on exceptional people to provide exceptional quality services throughout our organization. We set high standards, and we support each other as we strive to achieve them.
- Integrity: We treat all individuals with respect and dignity. We respect the cultural heritage of each of our program participants.
- Innovation: We embrace change, creativity, continuous learning, and personal growth. We incorporate new ideas and methods to improve the services we provide. We anticipate future trends, and we create strategic plans to ensure future growth and continued vitality.
- Diversity: We recognize that a range of thoughtful perspectives is necessary for open inquiry, creativity, and a healthy organization. We seek and welcome diverse board members, volunteers, and staff. To foster a healthy and diverse environment, we act with compassion, communicate respectfully, and seek a multiplicity of opinions. Learn more about our DEI efforts.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with healthcare, education, and community partner organizations and nonprofits to improve children’s access to literacy opportunities – we reach families where they are and through people they trust.