Chat by the lake this week! It’s full of calm, clear water, and I can see the tiny little fish swimming just above the bottom. Bibi wants to let you know how important you are to her! She’s so glad to have a reading buddy like you. Summer is a great time to visit a beautiful lake and read together by the water again.
Watch videos, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Books to Read Together: English
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Fishing In My Village
- Have you ever been fishing?
- What are some types of fish that the villagers caught? How did they catch them?
- What did the villagers do after they caught the fish?
The Sun Takes a Bath
- Why is the Sun upset?
- Who helps the Sun and gives him advice?
- Do you think this is a true story?
El Bebe Elefante Aprende a Tomar Agua
- Who taught the baby elephant how to drink water?
- Can you think of a time when you needed help doing something new
El sol se toma un baño
- ¿Por qué es el Sol triste?
- ¿Cuál es la solución a los problemas del Sol?
Por el lago
- ¿A quién conoció Kate en el lago?
- ¿Compartirías tu pastel con un gato?
- Why is water important?
Things to Do Together
- Write: Create your own stories this week. Put a few items into a bag that can be used as props. Give the bag to your child and encourage them to create a story including the objects as they pull them out of the bag.
- Talk: Create a group story where one person starts the story and then points to the next person who has to carry it on. Keep going until everyone has had a turn and your story has concluded.
- Talk: In a world where technology is such a large part of our lives, make a habit of spending time talking with your family. This could be over dinner, where you share what you did during the day, or a highlight of the day. Let your child practice the skills of being an active listener and take the time to focus on what they have to say as well.
- Move: Take a walk around the lake or along any trail you choose. Try to notice how the plants are changing/growing, what sounds you hear along the way, what animals you see.
- Explore: Get outside and visit a pool or splash pad! Check out your local YMCA for swim lessons, and if you live in Austin or Travis County, here is your local YMCA swim website, and various public pools around the city are here: https://www.austintexas.gov/page/pools-splash-pads
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and what you did.
- Which story that you read was your favorite? Why?
- If you went walking, what did you see?
More Ideas To Build Young Readers
Please share your photos and stories by emailing them to email@example.com or tag us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpringATX #ReadTogether. Remember to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more weekly themes and Community Storytime videos.
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational use.