There are many kinds of fruits and vegetables that are only ready to eat at a certain time of year. We like to call it Harvest Time, when everything is at the peak of freshness, ready to be eaten or stored away for a long winter ahead. Apples, pumpkins, pecan nuts…what are your favorites?
Watch this video, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read Together at Home
Here are some books to read together! (Add intro to specific titles here)! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Corn Maze Craze Game
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Super Salad Diner Game
- Fall scavenger hunt – can you find – you don’t need to collect/pick these items, just find them with your eyes: yellow leaf, brown leaf, green leaf, red leaf, acorn, bird, twig, pinecone, flower, and spiderweb
- Pumpkin rhyme: “1 little, 2 little, 3 little pumpkins, 4 little, 5 little, 6 little pumpkins, 7 little, 8 little, 9 little pumpkins, 10 little pumpkins in a pumpkin patch, 10 little, 9 little, 8 little pumpkins, 7 little, 6 little, 5 little pumpkins, 4 little, 3 little, 2 little pumpkins, and 1 little pumpkin in a pumpkin patch.”
Ways to move together
- Logrolling: lie down with hands at your sides – can you roll over and over like a log rolling down a hill?
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, reach up to the left as you pretend to pick an apple then bring your hands down to place the apple in the imaginary bucket next to your left foot. Repeat on both sides, stretching up and reaching down.
- stretching up and reaching down.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and did.
- Did you…
- I learned…
Share with BookSpring
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.