I have never been under the water before….but I would sure like to go sometime! I’d love to see fishes and octopuses and coral reefs up close. Maybe I could go in a submarine someday! What would you like to see under the water?
Watch this video, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read Together at Home
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Download the Splash and Bubbles Ocean Adventure App
- Draw an underwater world featuring some of the characters you met in the books we provided for this week’s theme.
- Sing! Baby Shark! Links to videos here: Click HERE for the English version. & Click HERE for the Spanish version.
- Nemo Song (sung to the tune of “Bingo”): In the ocean lived a fish and Nemo was his name! N-E-M-O, N-E-M-O, N-E-M-O, and Nemo were his name-O!
- I’m a Little Fish (sung to the tune of I’m a Little Teapot) I’m a little fish o, (hold up one hand with the thumb facing upwards to represent a fish) Watch me swim. (move the hand back and forward) Here is my tail, (wriggle fingers on a fish hand), And here is my fin. (wriggle thumb) When I want to have fun, With my friends, I swish my tail and dive right in. (swish fish hand around)
Reflect on what you read and did at the end of the week.
- Did you…
- I learned…
More Ideas for Young Readers
For additional resources explore the Oceans YouTube channel. It has a ton of awesome videos! Click HERE to access.
You can also check out this live feed of a coral reef via the links below.
Learn and see more about the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans via National Geographic here
Share with BookSpring
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.