Have you ever heard somebody call someone else “My Hero?” There are all kinds of heroes. Some heroes are super, and some are everyday kind. Most importantly, it’s someone who does something nice and good for other people. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Watch video, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read Together at Home
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Xavier Riddle and The Secret Museum Games
- Talk about what it means to be a hero – there are many people around the world who would be considered heroes. What special powers do they have? A hero can be anyone that does something they have a fear of but is brave enough to still do something. Heroes overcome obstacles – what are some of the obstacles that you have overcome?
- Create your OWN superhero! Draw a picture of your superhero and write about them. What is their name? What are their superpowers? Where do they live? Are they young or old? Add as many details as you can think of!
- Make a list of action words that superheroes do, and then practice reading them together as a family.
Ways to Move Together
- Use the action words you listed and act them out! Example: jump, twist, lunge, crawl etc.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and did.
- Did you…
- I learned…
Share with BookSpring
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0