Today we’re talking about farms and barnyards! Have you ever been to a farm? Farms are a wonderful place filled with lots of different animals and crops we grow for food. Let’s read some books together about what goes on at farms!
Read together at home
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to do together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Barnyard Match Game
- Make a list of animals that may live on a farm – can you act like each animal?
- What noise does a ______ make? (Cow, horse, chicken, pig, duck, goat, etc)
- How does a _____ walk? (Cow, horse, chicken, pig, duck, goat, etc)
- Take a virtual tour of a farm! Click on any of the tours below.
Virtual Farm Tour
- Farm animal sock puppets!
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read, and what you did.
▪ Did you have fun acting like a farm animal?
▪ Did you learn anything new about farms or the animals that live on farms?
Share with BookSpring
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading for more parent tips and recommendations!
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0