This week’s theme is all about science. Explore our reading laboratory! So much of our world is studied and discovered through science. Scientists help us know what the weather is going to look like, how to develop new technology and medicine, and all sorts of other things. What questions about the world do you have that you could learn through reading books about science?
Read together at home
Here are some books to read together! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to do Together
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Download the Play and Learn Engineering App
- The 5 Senses. Smell, touch, taste, hearing, sight. Point to your eyes/ears/nose/mouth/fingers and talk about your five senses.
- Take a senses walk! Try to engage all 5 senses on the walk and find things outside you can feel, touch, smell, see, and for taste: find something INSIDE your kitchen that would be safe to taste.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and did.
▪ Did you learn anything new about science and how it helps us learn?
▪ Talk about what you learned and what you’d like to learn more about through
science and exploration!
Share with us!
How did this activity go for you? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading…
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0