Love My Family
Spending so much time together might have given you a chance to learn something new about someone in your family. Or maybe you are missing family that you haven’t been able to see for a while? Maybe they would love to have you read to them, or maybe they would read to you over the phone or video call?
Before you begin: How many people are there in your family? What about aunts and uncles and cousins? Are there friends you know so well that you consider them family. Who are some other families that you know?
Bibi, the BookSpring butterfly has a great big family! Watch this video and then read some books about families, together.
Read at Home Together
Read these free, sharable books from our friends at Storyweaver about families! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
Here are some questions all about you to answer and share with your family.
- Learn more with our partner Austin PBS: Play the Pinkamazing Family Game
- Talk to your family! Ask: Do we have a big family or a small one? Who is part of it? Does everyone live in the same place?
- Draw a picture of your family
- Blindfold one person – can they identify someone in the family by feeling only their nose? Ears? Shoulders? Face?
- Sing: Ten in the Bed
Ways to Move Together
- What shapes/letters/numbers can you make using your bodies – work together as a team!
- Mirror my movements – choose someone to be the leader. As they move the other members of the family have to mirror their movements.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read, and what you did. Did you learn anything new? What do you think makes your family special? What have you learned about other kinds of families? What do you think your family will be like in the future?
Share with BookSpring!
How did this activity go for you? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether
Also, remember to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and come back each Sunday for a new Weekly Theme. You can also post comments on others’ experiences there.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading…
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes, but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0