Getting to Know Me is the theme this week! Families can help young children think about who they are by asking these questions.
Who are you?
What do you like?
What don’t you like?
What makes you happy?
Who is your best friend?
What makes you feel silly and nice?
What makes you unique?
Watch the introduction video in English and Spanish and enjoy some read-aloud videos.
You can download the books to read together.
Read these free, sharable books from our friends at Storyweaver about the Amazing, Marvelous You! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
Enjoy some of our recommended activities!
Here are some questions all about you to answer and share with your family.
● My favorite food is…
● My best friends are…
● My favorite books are…
● Things I do well….
● Things I need to practice….
● My favorite place to go is….
● A place I want to visit is…
● My favorite part of each day is…
● Something new that I want to learn this year is…
Can you draw a picture of yourself? Look in the mirror and at the shape of your eyes, nose, lips, and even your ears! You can use crayons, pencils, or even paint if you have it. How many body parts can you list? Create teams within your family and see which team has the longest list!
Ways to Move Together
- Play – put on some of your favorite music and choose who will be the leader. The leader will tell you which body parts you are going to move while the music plays (just shoulders, only feet, just arms, one arm, and one leg – change as often as you want!). When the music stops…FREEZE!
- Can you find ways to move using different parts of your body? Can you move on to your knees? One hand and one foot? Forwards? Backward?
Time to share…
Reflect on what you read and did at the end of the week. Did you learn something new about yourself?
“There is no one in this world exactly like you. Books can be a way to learn about yourself through the stories you enjoy the most!”
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0