Hey, it’s Bibi, flying around again! It is a beautiful gift to fly. I can go near or far, high or low. I can see treetops and rooftops when I fly! I wish I could take you with me. But the next best thing is reading together about flying in a book!
Watch this video, download books to read together, and explore things to do with BookSpring.
Read Together at Home
Here are some books to read together! From The Peacock Who Wished to Fly to The Ladybird, you can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- What kind of beings have wings? Make a list of all the bugs and animals you can think of that have wings. You can try drawing them too
- Get outside!
- Can you spot anything with wings? Try to find the smallest thing with wings and then the biggest. Take photos if you can to document your findings
- Listen: birds are chatty creatures–can you hear them?? Early in the morning is the best time to listen for them… How many different bird calls can you hear?
- Check out these live feeds of birds and other things with wings!
Live Hummingbird Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXe8MpU7uzk&feature=emb_logo
Tropical Birds Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKvusCEic4&feature=emb_logo
Check out this live feed of a Butterfly House in Melbourne, Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKOIqNGcW-M&feature=emb_logo
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read, and what you did.
- Did you discover any new things that have wings?
- Where would you like to go if YOU had wings?
Share with BookSpring!
How did this activity go for your family? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether.
More Ideas To Build Young Readers
Hear these great stories about winged things read aloud by famous actors:
(Thank you to Storytime Online)
Check out KLRU’s fun learning resources about winged things:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for new Weekly Themes.
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.