Listen to The Ocean
Have you ever seen the ocean? What does it sound like? If you haven’t, what do you think it would sound like? Do you know what animals live in the ocean? What about plants?
Bibi, the BookSpring butterfly loves the ocean!
Read at Home Together
Read these free, sharable books from our friends at Storyweaver about families! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Make your own ocean creatures using playdough. Link to the recipe –https://rainydaymum.co.uk/the-quickest-ever-salt-dough-recipe/
- Mold it into the shape of fish, starfish, eel
- Press shells into the dough to create patterns
- Draw a picture of animals you learned about.
- Choose some objects to test if they will float or sink. This activity could be done at bathtime or using a bowl. Ask your child to predict for each object whether it will float or sink. You may need to explain what it means to float/sink.
Ways to Move Together
- Star jumps/jumping jacks:
- Jump up, raising your arms and legs out to your sides (your body should form an “X” in mid-air).
- Land softly with your feet together and immediately lower yourself back into the starting position.
At the end of the week, reflect on what you read and did together. Did you learn anything new?
Share with us!
How did this activity go for you? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading…
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes, but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0