This week’s theme is all about numbers…numbers are all around us!
Read at Home Together
Read these free, sharable books from our friends at Storyweaver about families! You can download and save them and keep them forever, to read again and again.
Things to Do Together
- Number hunt – there are numbers all around us. See how many places you can find the numbers used in your house.
- Create a scavenger hunt (a great way for them to find items previously thought of as lost). Either give them one thing to find at a time, for example: find me 2 black socks and give the next instruction when they return or make it more difficult by asking them for two things at the same time. This requires them to remember the information while focusing on finding the items. For older children, you could draw/write the items on a piece of paper.
- Count together – how high can you go? Can you count backwards?
Ways to Move Together
- Can you make any numbers using your body? Stand tall and straight with arms at your side to be number 1. Maybe you need to work together to make some of the numbers.
- If you have some chalk, draw hopscotch outside and number the blocks. Show your child how to complete the course by landing with two feet together if there is only one block, or feet apart when there are two side by side.
Share with us!
How did this activity go for you? Please share your photos and stories with everyone by emailing them to email@example.com, or sharing them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #BookSpring #ReadTogether
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes.
Come back each Sunday for new Weekly Themes from BookSpring. Meanwhile, keep reading…
BookSpring Weekly Themes are released for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. You are free to use and share this for personal and educational purposes but should not sell or license this content for commercial purposes. Please credit as: “by BookSpring Weekly Themes.”
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0