BookSpring offices are closed to the general public, but we continue providing essential resources to families in Central Texas. Staff is available by phone, email, or appointment, and we are still accepting book donations.
Families living in Central Texas with children age 12 and under can apply to get FREE books mailed directly to your home. If you are experiencing economic hardship, we encourage you to apply to BookSpring Direct.
We continue to offer customizable literacy programs to Healthcare (Rx), Education (Ed), and Community-based Organizations (Go). Our literacy programs are designed to reach children from birth through age 12 by building active and supportive communities of readers. For more information, contact Program Director Shannon Thorne at email@example.com.
How Can You Help?
You can support our efforts to increase access to monthly gifts and gladly accept all children’s book donations. Book donations may be dropped off anytime, 24/7, on the covered porch of our office (2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, TX 78723). We abide by a six-day book quarantine policy as per current IMLS REALM guidelines for all books coming in and out of our inventory to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some COVID-19 community resources available in Austin and Central Texas and updates from surrounding school districts.
- COVID-19 Dashboard (ATX): https://www.austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-dashboards
- RENT (Relief of Emergency Needs for Tenants): http://www.austintexas.gov/rent
- City of Austin Utility Bill Relief: https://austinenergy.com/ae/about/news/coa-bill-relief
- BookSpring: Access Free Internet during COVID-19: https://www.bookspring.org/2020/03/access-free-internet-during-covid-19/
- Austin ISD – COVID-19 Updates: https://www.austinisd.org/student-health/covid-19
- Manor ISD COVID-19 Dashboard: https://www.manorisd.net/covid19dashboard
- Elgin ISD: https://www.elginisd.net/domain/3090
- Pflugerville ISD- COVID-19 Dashboard: https://sites.google.com/pfisd.net/pfisdcovid-19dashboard/home
- Round Rock ISD- COVID-19 Dashboard: https://roundrockisd.org/covid-dashboard/
- Del Valle ISD COVID-19 Updates: https://www.dvisd.net/students-parents/covid-19-dashboard
- Hays County ISD COVID-19 Updates: https://www.hayscisd.net/Page/11179
- Lockhart ISD COVID-19 Response: http://www.lockhartisd.org/parents/l_i_s_d_c_o_v_i_d-19_response
Literacy Resources for Kids
BookSpring continues to provide families with ways to help children choose reading as part of their daily routines. We continue to work towards our mission to build early literacy, including enhanced digital curation of open online children’s books and reading resources through Creative Commons.
- BookSpring- Bibi’s Weekly Themes- At-Home Learning
- Unite for Literacy- Free digital books for children.
- Storyweaver- Free diverse books for children.
- The Fable Cottage- Free bilingual audiobooks for children.
- Online Learning Resources
- Free Digital Libraries
- Start a Book Club at Home
- Subscribe to the BookSpring YouTube channel for virtual storytime