Meet the Champions
The Champions of BookSpring are a passionate and deeply committed group of contributors who share a vision of a community where all children are instilled with a lifelong love of reading.
Champions share their gifts in service to our mission by providing our organization with their philanthropic support, their advocacy for regional resources, connections to colleagues or experts, and by working to raise community awareness of BookSpring and the importance of reading and reading aloud in Central Texas.
You automatically become a member if your total annual giving year-to-date to BookSpring is $1,000 or more. You can make a gift anytime online, through the mail, or by phone. To be sure you are invited to the next BookSpring Champion event, please note in the text field “I would like to join the Champions.”
For more information, contact Associate Director Jill Gonzalez, (512) 472-1791 x 104.
Celebrate Our Current Champions:
Betsy and Hughes Abell
Alice and Paul Andrews
Pat and Margene Beckham
Michelle Bourianoff and Juan Zalles
Mike and Mary Dailey
Mary and Byron Darby
Ann and Jim Downing
Dick and Dulcy Fonté
Sandra and Larry Fox
Ann and Kurt Gass
John and Leona Goines
Mindy and Marc Gomillion
Dr. Fred Hansen
Karen and Warren Hayward
Judith and James Isaacson
Madison Jechow and Deena Perkins
Luci and Ian Johnson
Steve and Michelle Kangas
Anna and Kurt Kuhn
Carolyn and Jack Long
Mark and Marjorie McClain
Cheryl and Robert McGrath
Amy and Kurt Meachum
Maggi and Dan Miller
Kaye and Randy Patterson
Dr. Clift and Sue Price
Susan and Jim Rankin
Mary and Ronney Reynolds
Alyce and Terry Richardson
Kali’ and Daniel Rourke
Angela and Phil Schafer
Drew and Mary Scherz
Claire and Carl Stuart
Beth and Mike Tracy
Dirk Van Allen
Joan and Mark Wabschall
Irl Barg and Janet Walkow
NOTE: We update this list quarterly. If you have a question or change about your acknowledgement for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (512) 472-1791 x 102.
How to Become a Champion
Basic Qualification: $1,000 annual combined contributions for any purpose.
Lifetime Qualification: $5,000 cumulative combined contributions for any purpose.
Benefits of Being a Champion of BookSpring:
- Open invitation for membership on any standing board committee.
- Exclusive invitations to the Holiday Party and 2 annual Happy Hours.
- Recognition as a Champion of BookSpring at special events and promotional materials.
- Complimentary recognition on the Bookcase for a Better Childhood.
- Receive periodic insider communications from BookSpring’s Executive Director.
Expectations of Being a Champion of BookSpring:
- Make an annual $1,000 donation to the organization or a lifetime amount of $5,000 or more.
- Represent and promote BookSpring positively and accurately in the community.
- Continue to contribute as you are interested and able.
- Identify and help recruit potential new Champions.
Champions serve a critical and vital role in meeting BookSpring’s mission by remaining current on the activities and needs of BookSpring in the rapidly changing economic and demographic climate of Central Texas.