Books have pages. You can give them wings! Want to make a big impact for the 88,000 children in Central Texas living in poverty? You can by hosting a book drive. It’s easy to set up a book drive at your workplace, school, or just around your neighborhood. BookSpring has all the materials you will need to get started.
Collecting books is a fun and easy way to support BookSpring and engage your family, friends, community or office in making our community a better place to live, love, and learn.
Consider asking for books and/or monetary donations to support BookSpring’s distribution efforts at your next:
- Corporate Event
- Children’s Birthday Party
- Holiday Party
- Family Reunion
- Anniversary Party
- Baby Shower
- Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah
Tips for Coordinating Your Book Drive
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you would like to conduct a book drive.
- Coordinate with businesses and organizations such as your neighborhood school, grocery, church, and offices to find good places to collect books.
- Signage is everything! Hang posters and place collection bins in easy-to-see places that will be seen by as many people as possible.
- Choose the dates you would like to hold your book drive. Generally, two weeks is a perfect amount of time.
- Give yourself at least two weeks to advertise! Let your community know about the book drive through social media, newsletters, posters, emails, etc.
- Collect the books in any way that you wish, but please deliver them to us in cardboard boxes – preferably small to medium-sized – so they can easily be lifted by volunteers and staff. Please do not bring books in plastic or paper bags.
- When your book drive is finished, please deliver the books to our office located at 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, Texas 78723. (East of I-35, near Dell Children’s Hospital). If you have a very large donation, we may be able to arrange a pick up with our van with advance notice.
- Board books
- Picture books
- Elementary chapter books
- YA and adult (current)
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Clean and unmarked
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- Braille and less common languages
No, thank you.
- Library discards
- Used activity or coloring
- Loose pages
- Missing covers
- Soiled or moldy
Books are distributed through our community program ReBook
Help us thank and celebrate our Book Donors!