Make a difference by donating books your family and friends no longer need! Help your books find a new home through our BookSpringRx, BookSpringEd, and BookSpringGo programs. BookSpring works throughout the greater Austin area to collect tens of thousands of books to fill family homes.
We accept donations of new and gently used books year round! Drop by our offices between 9 am – 5 pm M-F. Staff is happy to assist you with carrying boxes. Smaller donations can be left in our Book Drop anytime. Please call ahead to let us know you are coming: (512) 472-1791 x 102 or x 101.
Map to BookSpring
Hold a Book Drive
It’s easy to set up a book drive at your workplace, school, or just around your neighborhood. BookSpring has all the materials you will need to get started.
Collecting books is a fun and easy way to support BookSpring and engage your family, friends, community or office in making our community a better place to live, love, and learn.
Consider asking for books and/or monetary donations to support BookSpring’s distribution efforts at your next:
- Corporate Event
- Children’s Birthday Party
- Holiday Party
- Family Reunion
- Anniversary Party
- Baby Shower
- Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah
Tips for Coordinating Your Book Drive
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to conduct a book drive.
- Coordinate with businesses and organizations such as your neighborhood school, grocery, church, and offices to find good places to collect books.
- Choose the dates you would like to hold your book drive. Generally, two weeks is a perfect amount of time.
- Give yourself at least two weeks to advertise! Let your community know about the book drive through social media, newsletters, posters, emails, etc.
- Hang posters and place collection bins in easy-to-see places that will be seen by as many people as possible.
- Collect the books in any way that you wish, but please deliver them to us in cardboard boxes – preferably small to medium-sized – so they can easily be lifted by volunteers and staff. Please do not bring books in plastic or paper bags.
- When your book drive is finished, please deliver the books to our office located at 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, Texas 78723. (East of I-35, near Dell Children’s Hospital
Download a Poster for your Book Drive
It’s easy. Download a poster and start promoting your book drive today! Please contact the BookSpring office if you need any additional information.
- Book Drive Flyer
- Book Drive Flyer (blue background)
Please note: BookSpring is unable to accept donations of textbooks, reference books, or used activity books.
BookSpring makes sure your books find a good home!
Find our how donated books are used through ReBook
Help us thank and celebrate our Book Donors