Spring into summer with a BookSpring Book Drive!
Are you currently seeking a fun and easy community project? Why not collect books through a book drive?
Book drives are a great way to engage your family, friends, neighbors, or colleagues in a low effort project with maximum impact for children and families in Central Texas.
Books collected through your book drive will be donated to families to help build their home library of 20 books. Research shows 20 books in the home has a significant impact on a child’s future academic success.
- Board books
- Picture books
- Elementary chapter books
- YA and adult (current)
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Clean and unmarked
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- Braille and less common languages
No, thank you.
- Library discards
- Used activity or coloring
- Loose pages
- Missing covers
- Soiled or moldy
Consider asking for books and/or monetary donations to at one of your next events:
- Book Club Meetings
- Corporate Event or Team Building Activity
- Happy Hour (wave entrance fee in lieu of books!)
- Baby Shower
- Children’s Birthday Party
- Family Reunion
- Anniversary Party
- Holiday Party
- Quinceañera or Sweet 16 Party
- Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah
Be sure to let us know you are hosting a book drive! Email Mariela at email@example.com or call (512) 472-1791 x102
Tips for Coordinating Your Book Drive
- Coordinate with businesses and organizations such as your neighborhood school, grocery, church, and offices to find good places to set up some collection bins for your book drive.
- Signage is everything! Hang posters and place collection bins in easy-to-see places that will be seen by as many people as possible. Be sure to include when and where you will be collecting the books.
- Choose the dates you would like to hold your book drive. Generally, two weeks is a perfect amount of time. Give yourself at least two weeks to advertise! Let your community know about the book drive through social media, newsletters, posters, emails, neighborhood forums, etc.
- When your book drive is finished, please deliver the books to our office located at 2006 Greenbrook Parkway, Austin, Texas 78723. (East of I-35, near Dell Children’s Hospital). If you have a donation over 900 books, we may be able to arrange a pick up with our van with advance notice.
- Fill out your book donation information online and get an instant email receipt. Click here.
Books are distributed through our community program ReBook
Help us thank and celebrate our Book Donors!