Make checks payable to BookSpring
– Every student, even if they collect all donations online, must fill out and turn in their student envelope to their teacher.
– If you want to be eligible for prizes, you must write your online ID number on your student envelope.
– Students can collect all their pledges in cash donation form and turn in the cash or checks in their student envelope to their teacher on the designated return date at your school.
– Online donations will be accepted beyond the Thursday, February 12, prize eligibility deadline.
– Please go to PRIZES or DATES & DEADLINES pages for details on prize eligibility.
– INDIVIDUAL readers (students whose school is NOT participating) can contact BookSpring Read-A-Thon directly to receive more information about receiving a Read-A-Thon Reader envelope.
– Students are NOT required to register online to participate in the Read-A-Thon, but ARE required to register to be eligible for prizes.
-Students are NOT required to collect pledges to participate in the Read-A-Thon, as there are awards for being the Top Reader at each school.
– To see a listing of 2013 participating Read-A-Thon schools, click here.
- You can still be a Reading All Star if your school is not on the Read-A-Thon school list. Sign up as an INDIVIDUAL reader, type in your school’s name, read, collect donations, and receive prizes. BookSpring will make sure to coordinate with Individual Readers to ensure prize eligibility.
Do teachers register as a teacher or register their classroom online?
– Teachers DO NOT register their classrooms online!
– Each student will select the Last Name of their teacher when they register and create their profile.
– All donations received for that student will also be credited to their classroom total and their school total.
– If a teacher is participating as a Reader, tracking their minutes and pages, and collecting donations — that teacher can register online and create their own profile page!
– In this case, the teacher would select their own Last Name in the teacher field.